Twitter icon

On Benefits

Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)

Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) is for people who have an illness, health condition or disability that makes it difficult or impossible to work.

If you’re ill or disabled, Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) offers you:

      • financial support if you’re unable to work,
      • personalised help so that you can work if you’re able to.

You can apply for ESA if you’re employed, self-employed or unemployed.

Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit (IIDB)

You might get Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit (IIDB) if you became ill or are disabled because of an accident or disease either:

    • at work,
    • or on an approved employment training scheme or course.

The amount you may get depends on your individual circumstances.

Further information about benefits can be found at GOV.UK and Citizens Advice.