The main outcome of the project is to provide help and support to cancer survivors who want to return to work and help them stay in work once they return after treatment/surgery.
The objectives of the project are to:
- Give advice and support to 140 cancer survivors per year
- To implement a Cancer Workplace Wellness Recovery Action Plan for use by cancer survivors, Cancer Nurse Specialists and employers
- To provide a template policy for employers on the best way to help and support cancer survivors when they are ready to return to work
- To train Cancer Nurse Specialist and employers/managers to use Cancer Workplace Wellness Recovery Action Plans
- To set up a support group for Cancer survivors on workplace health issues
The outcomes of the project are:
- To give advice and support to 140 cancer survivors per year to enable them to return to work and keep them in their job
- To establish the use of Cancer Workplace Wellness Recovery Action Plans across Sheffield
- To empower employers/managers and Cancer Nurse Specialists to use the Cancer Workplace Wellness Recovery Action Plans
- To get employers to have return to work policies that make it easier for cancer survivors to return to work more easily
- Cancer survivors who want to return to work will be identified at the most appropriate time and given help and support within 2 weeks
To develop a pathway that returns cancer survivors back to work and keeps them in their job.